Rylock is committed to the highest standards of compliance in all regulatory matters.
Rylock Pty. Ltd. is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
The purpose of this Policy is to describe how Rylock Pty. Ltd. complies with the privacy requirements in protecting the personal information Rylock Pty. Ltd. holds about individuals. This Policy is applicable to Rylock Pty. Ltd. and if you have any queries concerning this policy, contact the Rylock Pty. Ltd. Privacy Officer in writing via our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In essence, the following principles apply:
2.0 Personal Information
Personal information is defined as information or an opinion that can identify or can reasonably identify an individual.
3.0 Collection of Personal Information
The type of personal information that Rylock Pty. Ltd. collects will depend upon what dealings the relevant individual may have with Rylock Pty. Ltd. Rylock Pty. Ltd. may collect and hold personal information about individuals who:
- purchase, or express an interest to purchase from Rylock Pty. Ltd. (for example, when entering into a sale and purchase agreement, or when responding to requests for information about a window or door product);
- supply of goods and services (for example, when establishing records and systems to enable payment for goods, delivery companies, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors);
- seek employment with Rylock Pty. Ltd. or are Rylock Pty. Ltd. employees (for example, when conducting background checks for the purposes of employment);
- enter a Rylock display showroom, office or building (for example, when maintaining visitor registrations for a Rylock Pty. Ltd. building, capturing video or images through surveillance systems in Rylock Pty. Ltd. offices);
- register or subscribe to join Rylock Pty. Ltd. programs, newsletters or competitions;
- use Rylock Pty. Ltd.’s websites, social media and other online services;
- use mobile applications developed by Rylock Pty. Ltd. or
- logon to wireless facilities provided in a Rylock Pty. Ltd. managed building; or
- may otherwise come into contact with Rylock Pty. Ltd.
Rylock Pty. Ltd. only collects personal information which is reasonably necessary for its dealings with the relevant individual. The types of personal information may include, but are not limited to:
- information that identifies the individual (for example, name, address, contact details, photographic or video images for promotional purposes);
- information about the individual’s financial position and credit-worthiness;
- information about the individual that is required or authorised by law;
- the individual’s tax file number;
- the individual’s opinion about Rylock Pty. Ltd. products, services or staff.
4.0 Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Rylock Pty. Ltd.’s policy is only to use personal information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected. Rylock Pty. Ltd. may also use or disclose the information collected for any other related purpose for which the individual would reasonably expect it to be used.
If Rylock Pty. Ltd. wishes to use or disclose the personal information in other circumstances, it needs to obtain the individual’s consent to do so. In general, Rylock Pty. Ltd. uses personal information for the following purposes:
- providing products or services that have been requested;
- communicating with the individual;
- helping Rylock Pty. Ltd. manage and enhance its products and services, including analysing customer feedback and future customer needs;
- providing ongoing information and marketing about products and services to individuals that Rylock Pty. Ltd. believes may be interested and where the individual has signed up;
- managing security and safety requirements in Rylock Pty. Ltd. managed buildings;
- complying with regulatory and legal obligations;
- recruiting employees and contractors; or
- fulfilling its obligations to employees.
5.0 Disclosing Personal Information to Other Parties
External parties may be given access to personal information held by Rylock Pty. Ltd. in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- Rylock Pty. Ltd.’s contractors and service providers who assist Rylock Pty. Ltd. in the operation of its business or to provide a customer service (for example, a company which helps maintain Rylock Pty. Ltd.’s computer systems or sends out Rylock Pty. Ltd.’s mail);
- third-party lenders and insurers;
- anyone authorised by a provider of personal information;
- relevant parties in situations when Rylock Pty. Ltd. is required by law to provide the information.
Rylock Pty. Ltd. may send marketing materials to its customers or potential customers where Rylock Pty. Ltd. has collected the personal information from the individual and the individual would reasonably expect Rylock Pty. Ltd. to use the information for that purpose. If the customer no longer wishes Rylock Pty. Ltd. to use his or her personal information in order for Rylock Pty. Ltd. to provide marketing materials, the customer is to advise Rylock Pty. Ltd. via the relevant method provided for in the electronic marketing message sent to the customer or to write to the Rylock Pty. Ltd. Privacy Officer (refer to contact details below). Rylock Pty. Ltd. will act and amend its records promptly.
7.0 External Website Links
Company websites of Rylock Pty. Ltd. may contain links to, or frame, websites of third parties (“external sites”). Rylock Pty. Ltd. is not required to maintain or update them and such links should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Rylock Pty. Ltd. of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated. If you access another organisation’s website using a link from a Rylock Pty. Ltd. website you will leave the Rylock Pty. Ltd. website and will be subject to the terms, conditions and circumstances of the site you visit, including the level of privacy protection offered on that site. Rylock Pty. Ltd.’s policies and protections will no longer apply once you leave this site. Rylock Pty. Ltd. makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites. Those sites will probably also have different privacy provisions. Rylock Pty. Ltd. is not responsible for those sites or for any consequences of you accessing them through our website.
8.0 Applying for Employment with Rylock
Rylock Pty. Ltd. collects personal information from individuals who submit applications or register interest for employment with Rylock Pty. Ltd. If the application is unsuccessful, Rylock Pty. Ltd. may retain the information in case a more appropriate opportunity becomes available. The unsuccessful applicant will be advised that they can contact Rylock Pty. Ltd. to request Rylock Pty. Ltd. not to retain the applicant’s information.
9.0 Security of Personal Information
Rylock Pty. Ltd. will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that it holds from unauthorised access, modification, misuse, interference and loss. Rylock Pty. Ltd. maintains physical security measures over its physical premises, and a range of computer and network security measures (such as systems access, firewalls, data encryption) over its electronic systems. Rylock Pty. Ltd. employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held. If other parties provide support services, Rylock Pty. Ltd. generally requires them to agree to appropriately protect the privacy of the information provided to them.
10.0 Access to Personal Information
Any individual can request access to the personal information Rylock Pty. Ltd. may hold about them. To obtain access to the information, the individual needs to write to the Rylock Pty. Ltd. Privacy Officer (refer to contact details below). Rylock Pty. Ltd. will require evidence to verify the identity of the individual. In normal circumstances, Rylock Pty. Ltd. will provide the individual with access to the individual’s personal information. However, in some circumstances, there may be legal, regulatory or administrative reasons to deny the requested access. If access is denied, Rylock Pty. Ltd. will provide the individual with the reasons for doing so.
11.0 Changing Personal Information
If an individual wishes to change personal information that the individual believes may be inaccurate, out of – date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, the individual may write to the Rylock Pty. Ltd. Privacy Officer requesting the information to be changed. If Rylock Pty. Ltd. disagrees with the individual that the personal information should be changed, Rylock Pty Ltd will provide the individual with the reasons for doing so. The individual has the right to request that a notation be included with their personal information to indicate their disagreement with their personal information held by Rylock Pty. Ltd.
12.0 Collection of other information
Rylock Pty. Ltd. may also collect the following information about you:
13.0 Changes in the Future
Rylock Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to change this Policy at any time. Rylock Pty. Ltd. will notify any changes to this Policy by posting an updated version of the Policy on the Rylock Pty. Ltd. website at https://www.rylock.com.au
An individual can make a complaint about the way in which Rylock Pty. Ltd. has handled an individual’s personal information by writing to the Rylock Privacy Officer. Rylock Pty. Ltd. will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint. You may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Address: GPO Box 5218 Sydney, NSW 2001
15.0 Contacting Rylock
The Rylock Pty. Ltd. Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Phone: 03 8558 0500
Address: ‘Rylock Pty. Ltd. Privacy Officer’
369 – 377 Lower Dandenong Road
Dingley Village VIC 3172
16.0 Additional Information on Privacy
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au
17.0 Applicable Law
This policy was approved and adopted by the Board of Directors of Rylock Pty. Ltd. on 7 May 2018.